Monday, September 27, 2010

9/27/10
Writing to the sounds of Matt Nathanson...just came back from in service training, it feels like I'm being detached all over again, like the first time we said our goodbyes. It's taking a bit of readjustment to get resettled again. Came home to a house with no stema, discovered some more lizards in my house (oh how I hate lizards) and got stung by a wasp in my choo. Now the bushes behind it are starting to look more and more welcoming. Tough start to my week, today I feel alone but I know I'm not.

So much has transpired, I dont know where to begin. It's September, I'm going to miss the Fall, I'm going to miss Halloween. Nairobi weather actually felt like Fall. I'm not sure if that made me more home sick or if it eased my home sickness.

I'm back in Uranga today, Fall does not exist here. Just heat and rain. I remember liking it but today I miss Fall too much to appreciate this heat. I sent my Mom pictures for the first time, I've been having trouble loading pictures on my modem but I finally got some through in Nairobi. I wish I'd uploaded more.

So this week I'm taking a chill pill and organizing all the information I got from training.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this so much Nadiya! I told my Mom about missing fall back home and she reminded me that this is not permanent. We'll experience it once again. But for now, remember why we're here and live each day like you'll get to see fall tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete